School Board Members
- Board President, Richard Lopez
- Board Vice President, Tiffany Pickle
- Board Clerk, Erin Hamm
- Board Member, John Medearis
- Board Member, Julio Valadez
LCAP Goals for MUHSD
- LCAP Goal #1 - All Students College and Career Ready
- LCAP Goal #2 - Equitable Access
- LCAP Goal #3 - School Climate
- LCAP Goal #4 - Recruit & Retain Staff
The Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) became California's school funding structure in 2013-14. It provides funding for all students, and additional funding for districts who serve a large population of Foster Youth, Low Income and English Learner students. The Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) explains how the district will use the additional funds to support identified students and provide them with an equal opportunity to succeed.
Among the many responsibilities that come with serving as a school board member, the board also sets goals for the Superintendent. The 2019-2020 goals are displayed below.
- Continued refinement of safety preparation and planning both from a physical point of view and social-emotional point of view
- Identify and consistently implement essential standards in core areas, including embedded skills (communication, collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking).
- Continue implementation of student-centered instructional delivery methods and authentic assessments (real-world, multiple measures) in all core areas with special emphasis in mathematics.
- Focus on providing timely and accurate communications to families, staff and the community to promote all school and district activities consistently at all sites.
- Explore best options to attain student voice at the board level.
- Explore Digital Citizenship options for a comprehensive approach for staff, students and parents.
- Explore options to provide students with financial literacy proficiency.
- Explore options to increase collaboration and communication with feeder districts.
- Explore options to provide students with work-ready certifications.
All Goals for 2017-18 Completed (see below):
Goal #1- Develop alternative schedules for students (7-period day)
LCAP Priority- All Students College and Career Ready
Goal #2- Update and Revamp Counseling Services
LCAP Priority- Equitable Access
Goal #3- Develop a Leadership Academy
LCAP Priority- Recruit and Retain Highly Qualified Staff
Goal #4- Create Five-year Facilities Plan
LCAP Priority- School Climate
MUHSD Trustee Areas